Having recently listed my home for sale in Calgary, I was surprised to discover quite a few similarities between the residential real estate market and the stock market.
In particular, here are my five main takeaways from my home-selling experience that apply well to investing in the stock market — or vice versa.
1. It is very important to do your own research.
2. Understand the bid and the ask.
3. Don’t try to time the market.
4. Know the difference between momentum and value.
5. There is value in getting professional help.
Complete article on Financial Post